The voyage of the Mayflower changed the world in ways that deserve attention today. When the Pilgrims established the first colony in New England they made a statement in the Compact, asserting their right to self-government and defining their civic responsibilities. Furthermore, they specifically included in their government those members of their company who had religious beliefs different from those of the Separatists. These concepts have evolved into important foundations of governance throughout the modern world. We hope that all of our Societies will do something to remind their local communities of the importance of the Pilgrim experience in our lives today.
Our 41st Congress in 2017 and the GBOA Meeting 2018 both gave Member Societies the opportunity to share ideas.
Click through the different Member Societies below to take a look at current projects underway for 2020 that you can help support or participate in.
- California: The California Society has recieved approval to have a Mayflower Float in the 2020 Pasadena Rose Parade on January 1, 2020, check out their GoFundMe here!
- Connecticut: Support the Connecticut Scholarship Fund and buy a 2020 Commemorative Calendar
- Iowa: Support the Iowa Scholarhip Fund and buy a 2020 Commemorative Mayflower Descendant t-shirt
- Maryland: The Maryland Society is currently in the process of two major projects: Pilgrims Meet the Arts and Dress Like a Pilgrim (link coming soon!).
- Massachusetts: The Massachusetts Society is preparing for a Naturalization Swearing in Ceremony in 2020
- New York: The New York Society will host a special weekend-long Mayflower Debutante Ball November 5-8, 2020. Girls of Mayflower Descent from ages 18-22 from all states are invited to attend
- North Carolina: Support the North Carolina Scholarship fund and purchase an exclusive Mayflower 400th Anniversary Silver Medallion.
If your Member Society has a project to promote, let us know at Communications@theMayflowerSociety.org!