On December 3, 2019, the General Society of Mayflower Descendants is proud to participate in #GivingTuesday. This global day of giving invites individuals to celebrate the holiday season by giving back to a cause that is meaningful to them.
This year, GSMD is hoping to create a beautification fund for landscape improvements for the Mayflower Society House. We have several small outdoor projects we would like to complete in anticipation of the Mayflower's 400th anniversary commemoration:
1. Purchase a new fountain for the garden, replacing the one that was vandalized last winter;
2. Replace front shrubbery with low-lying ground cover and plant beds of pink and white flowers;
3. Install a new flag pole in the Colonial Revival Garden for our American flag, replacing the old one destroyed in a winter storm;
4. Enhance plantings throughout the property, and,
5. If we are successful, buy vintage wicker furniture for the front porch.
With your help, last Giving Tuesday 2018, together we raised $7,525 for the Mayflower Meetinghouse. This year, our goal is to double that amount and raise $15,000 to fund these improvements that we will otherwise be unable to make due to current budget constraints.
All eyes will be on Plymouth in 2020 – and it's mere weeks away. Local businesses, organizations and law enforcement are anticipating unprecented numbers of visitors coming to Plymouth throughout the year to commemorate the Mayflower's historic voyage and learn the Pilgrim story. We want the Mayflower Society House and Gardens to be a showcase during this once-in-a-lifetime occasion.
Your donation will help ensure the Mayflower Society House is a must-see during 2020 and will help us continue to tell the Pilgrim story far into the future. Won't you consider a donation today?