The Mayflower Quarterly has become a member magazine. The new Quarterly is a 24 page, full‐color magazine available online and in‐print, and continues to be published four times a year – Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. As a benefit of membership, active GSMD members receive a mailed copy and an electronic version is available as well under the Members‐Only section of the Society website.
The Quarterly contains up‐to‐date news, pictures and articles on activities and events surrounding GSMD and our Member Societies throughout the US, Canada, and Europe. Submissions must be approved by a Member Society and be submitted by the Society Secretary or Governor in order to be considered.
In May 2016, a new General Society of Mayflower Descendants publication appeared titled Mayflower Journal and contains international articles about Pilgrim history, genealogy, literature, and arts in Colonial New England. The Journal is available through subscription.
Article Submissions for The Mayflower Quarterly Magazine
● All articles submitted should be sent as Microsoft Word documents.
● All photographs submitted should be sent as 300 dpi resolution or higher. Pictures that are taken on mobile devices should be emailed as Actual or Original Size (as opposed to small, medium, or large).
● Please indicate in the subject line of your email that this is a submission for The Mayflower Quarterly Magazine.
● If your submission is being sent in multiple emails, please indicate that in the first email.
● Your submission should include your contact information, title and your Member Society.
● If your submission includes photographs, please list all first and last names of those included in each image.
● Submissions will be considered on a ‘first come’ basis as space permits.
To submit to the Quarterly, send your submission by email to both the Editor and Assistant Editor:
Susan Roser, Assistant Governor General, Editor: MQMeditor@TheMayflowerSociety.org
Christina Scott, Communications Manager, Assistant Editor: MQassistanteditor@themayflowersociety.org
by the following deadlines:
January 10 for the Spring issue
April 10 for the Summer issue
July 10 for the Fall issue
October 10 for the Winter issue