GSMD has exciting news about our publications, the Mayflower Quarterly Magazine and the Mayflower Journal.
The Fall 2018 issue of the Mayflower Journal will be the final edition of this publication. The Mayflower Society has decided to discontinue this publication in order to reunite the Journal’s content with the Mayflower Quarterly Magazine, in the same way it has been traditionally published since 1935. Read more about that here.
The Mayflower Quarterly Magazine is a full‐color magazine available online and in‐print, and continues, just like it's predecessor the Mayflower Quarterly, to be published four times a year – Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. As a benefit of membership, active GSMD members receive a mailed copy and an electronic version is available as well under the Members‐Only section of the Society website. Click here to login and read.
The Quarterly contains up‐to‐date news, pictures and articles on activities and events surrounding GSMD and our Member Societies throughout the US, Canada, and Europe. Starting in spring of 2019, the Quarterly will also contain articles regarding Pilgrim history, genealogy, literature, and arts in Colonial New England. Submissions from the public are welcome.
Article Submissions for The Mayflower Quarterly Magazine
To submit to the Quarterly, send your submission by email to both the Editor and Assistant Editor:
Susan Roser, Assistant Governor General, Editor: MQMeditor@TheMayflowerSociety.org
Christina Scott, Communications Manager, Assistant Editor: MQassistanteditor@themayflowersociety.org
● All articles submitted should be sent as Microsoft Word documents.
● All photographs submitted should be sent as 300 dpi resolution or higher. Pictures that are taken on mobile devices should be emailed as Actual or Original Size (as opposed to small, medium, or large).
● Please indicate in the subject line of your email that this is a submission for The Mayflower Quarterly Magazine.
● If your submission is being sent in multiple emails, please indicate that in the first email.
● Your submission should include your contact information, title and your Member Society or organization you are affiliated with.
● As a rule, submissions should not exceed 12,000-15,000 words and if necessary, should conform to the Chicago Manual of Style, utilizing footnotes.
● If your submission includes photographs, please list all first and last names of those included in each image.
● Submissions will be considered on a ‘first come’ basis as space permits.
January 10 for the Spring issue
April 10 for the Summer issue
July 10 for the Fall issue
October 10 for the Winter issue
Address changes, content and subscription questions can be sent to MQ@themayflowersociety.org.