Job Opportunities with the General Society of Mayflower Descendants
The General Society of Mayflower Descendants provides education and understanding of why the Pilgrims were important, how they shaped western civilization, and what their 1620 voyage means today. As the preeminent authority on the legacy of the Pilgrims, GSMD plays a crucial role when it comes to increasing public awareness of the importance of the Pilgrim’s lives and legacies as well as maintaining the highest standards possible for genealogy research into the lineage of the Pilgrims.
Along with our 12 Executive Committee members, the officers of our 53 Member Societies, and many dedicated volunteers that fill a myriad of roles, GSMD’s mission is supported by a growing staff at our national headquarters in Plymouth, MA.
Open job positions:
Weekly hours: 32
Performs a wide range of accounting tasks to support the Business Manager. Creates, updates and maintains Excel spreadsheets, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions. Inputs financial transactions into various software programs. Assists with special projects as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Assist with month-end close process including but not limited to creating/posting journal entries and maintaining reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Create, update, and maintain various Excel spreadsheets (i.e. sales, sales tax, prepaids, payroll, fixed assets, etc.)
- Process invoices and assist with weekly check run process
- Enter financial transactions into various software programs
- Prepare bank deposits
- Assist with month-end reconciliations of sales and bank accounts
- Investigate and resolve variances
- Provide assistance with processing bi-weekly payroll (process time sheets and enter data into payroll software)
- Compile reports/data for month-end close, fiscal year-end audit, annual budget, and miscellaneous projects that arise
- Other duties as needed or required.
Qualifications & Skills:
REQUIRED: Bachelors degree required. Proficient in Excel. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Positive, professional attitude; an ability to work individually and as part of a team. Strong written and verbal communication skills. The ability to take & learn from direction. The ability to maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
PREFERRED: Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
To apply, please send your letter of interest and resume to Jobs@theMayflowerSociety.org by February 15th, 2019.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities for GSMD’s Research Library or the Mayflower Society House, please email Jobs@theMayflowerSociety.org.
If you do not see a job listing here, but feel as if you would make a great addition to our staff please email your resume and a cover letter to Jobs@TheMayflowerSociety.org.